MBC VOLLEYBALL BYLAWS
Athletic Director in Charge: Ellsworth
Annual Meeting Date: 1st Wednesday after the conference season.
Game Times: Varsity 7:00 p.m
JV 5:45 p.m.
C Squad 5:45 p.m.
Locker Rooms: Locker rooms shall be available at the host school by 5:20 p.m.
Results: Both teams enter final scores into rSchool.
Equipment: Game ball – The official game ball will be the WIAA required ball. It can be leather or composite, but must be on the approved list of volleyballs as set forth by the WIAA and National Federation.
Season Schedule: A Single round robin schedule will be used.
Conference Championship: Conference championships will be determined by the best conference record. If a tie, the championship will be shared.
Conference Matches: Rules governing conference matches:
1. Varsity matches will use the best three out of five format according to the approved National Federation rally scoring procedure.
2. The first four games will use rally scoring to twenty-five (25) points (win by two (2) and the fifth game will be rally scoring to fifteen (15) points (win by two (2).
3. The fourth and/or fifth game will not be played if the winner has already been determined.
4. JV and C squad will play all three (3) games using the National Federation rally scoring procedure. Games one and two will be played to twenty-five (25) (win by 2) and game three will be played to fifteen (15) (win by 2) all using rally scoring.
5. The score keepers at the table must be adults.
6. The line judges for varsity matches must be adults, out of high school.
Conference Awards: Championship team will be given fifty dollars ($50.00) towards the purchase of a plaque or trophy (school choice). Each member of the championship team will be given a certificate noting the sport and year of the team championship. Commissioner will provide appropriate number to each championship team.
- Two weeks before the last MBC contest the MBC Commissioner will request nominations from each team using official forms found on MBC website.
- Commissioner will compile a list and send a copy to each coach for consideration prior to the selection meeting.
- At the selection meeting, each coach will be given time to talk about his/her nominations before the official voting.
- One coach from each school will vote but he/she may not vote for a member of his/her school. Each coach must fill the ballot completely. They will vote for 14 players.
- Voting procedures for all conference will be as follows: The number one player in the conference determined by the coaches shall be given the highest number corresponding with the number of all conference players selected.
- The number two player will be assigned 13 points and it will continue on in this pattern.
- The total number of points from all of the coaches will be tallied.
- The 7 players with the highest number of points will be 1st team all conference and the next 7 players with the highest number of points will be 2nd team all conference.
- A player earning Honorable Mention should have received at least two votes.
All Conference Awards: 1st Team All Conference – Certificates (7)
2nd Team All Conference – Certificates (7)
Honorable Mention – Certificates (7)
Appropriate number will be provided by commissioner.
Player of the Year
Coaches may nominate a player from first team for Conference Player of the Year. Coaches get 1 vote and can not vote for own player.