MBC WRESTLING BYLAWS
Athletic Director in Charge: Ellsworth
Match Times: Varsity - 7:00 p.m.
JV – Start time for matches will begin by mutual agreement of the coaches. If a team does not have enough JV wrestlers (less than eight on a team), the match will be an exhibition so there would be no forfeits. Teams that do not have a full JV team must notify the other team so arrangements can be made.
Warm up Time: Weigh-in will be according to WIAA and National Federation Rules. Weigh-in time for both varsity and JV will be by mutual agreement of the coaches.
Results: Host school will be responsible for reporting results to the MBC commissioner and the media.
Season Schedule: A conference single round schedule of dual matches shall be wrestled by each school. Dual match schedule will rotate every two years.
Conference Championship: The conference championship shall be decided by a tournament. Individual championships in each weight class will be determined the same way.
All Conference Wrestling
- A total of 42 wrestlers will be awarded All Conference Honors
- 1st Team, 2nd Team, and Honorable Mention
- No More than 28 wrestlers will make up the 1st and 2nd team
- Wrestlers are selected and voted on based on performance regardless of weight class
- Coaches will submit nominations via MBC All-Conference Nomination Form
- Nominations should include: state qualifier status, State result, conference record, sectional result, overall record, grade, weight class
- A new form will be completed by the coach for each wrestler they want to be considered
- Females who competed in the regular season dual meets will be considered for All Conference Honors
- Females may not be considered in both the regular season honors and Female only honors
- Wrestlers not nominated to their AD prior to the meeting will not be considered
Automatic First Team Recipients:
- State qualifying wrestlers and those who went 6-0 in conference duals will be automatically selected to the first team
- If a wrestler is undefeated, but did not wrestle in all 6 duals, they will need to be voted to first team
- First team will be capped at 14 unless there are more than 14 state qualifiers and 6-0 wrestlers
- We will not use a numbered system
- Coaches will vote for the athletes that they think deserve the recognition for the remaining spots per team
- Vote on remaining spots for first team
- Vote on second team
- Vote on third team
- Ties will be broken based off of a secondary vote after each coach speaks to their athlete’s accomplishments
- Vote on wrestler of the year
- Any female wrestler who competes at the female state tournament will be awarded First Team All Conference Honors
- Coaches vote for Honorable Mention
- Separate from the 42/14 All Conference and first team awards for regular season
- Females awarded regular season honors in the MBC will not be considered for female only honors